1) FASTING : Imam Ali bin Husayn Al Zainul Abideen (as) told his companions: “The Holy Prophet (S.A.) used to observe fast during the whole month of Sha’-ban. Therefore whosoever, in love of the Holy Prophet (S.A.), wishes to seek nearness to Allah and receive bounties, favours and rewards in this world and in the Hereafter, must connect Sha’-ban with Ramadhan (in the matter of fasting and special prayers). Holy Prophet Muhammad al Mustafā (saws) said: “One who fasts for seven days in Sha’abān al Moazam would remain safe from the mischief and evil thoughts of Satan and his gangs. One who fasts for eight days won’t go thirsty from this world and would be satisfied by a pure cistern.”[Reference: Sawaabul A’amaal, page no. 95]
A Hadith reads that the skies decorate themselves each Thursday in Sha`ban and the angels pray saying, “O our God, (please do) forgive those who observe fasting on this day and respond to their prayers.”The Holy Prophet (saws) is also reported as saying, “If one observes fasting each Monday and Thursday in Sha`ban, Almighty Allah will grant forty of his needs—twenty pertaining to this world and twenty to the Hereafter.”
2) Give Alms/Charity in HIS name “What are the best deeds that should be done in Sha`ban.” The Imam (a.s) answered, “Almsgiving and seeking forgiveness are the best deeds in Sha`ban. Verily, if anyone of you gives alms in Sha`ban, Almighty Allah will breed that alms in the very same way as you breed your small camels. Hence, this alms will be as huge as Mount Uhud on the Resurrection Day.” It is a rescue from Hell Fire
3) Recite 70 times each day :-
|I implore for the forgiveness of Allah and I pray Him for approval of my repentance.|
I seek forgiveness of Allah who is “There is no God save He”, the Beneficent, the Merciful; the Ever living, the Eternal, and I turn repentant to Him
According to narrations, the best supplications and invocations that are recited in Sha`ban are the prayers of seeking forgiveness of Almighty Allah (i.e. istighfar). Hence, to seek Almighty Allah’s forgiveness seventy times a day in Sha`ban is equal to seeking His forgiveness seventy Thousand times a day in the other months
4) Recite the following 1000 times, whenever the count reaches 1000, at any time within the month, the a’mal is complete:
There is no god save Allah. We do not worship save “He” alone, making religion pure for Him (only), however much the disbelievers be averse.
5) On every Thursday Fasting is recommended & Recite 2 Rak-a’t Salat. In every Rak-a’t, after the recitation of Soorah Al Faatih’ah, recite Soorah Al Ikhlaas 100 times. After the Salaam recite Salawaat 100 times .اللّهُمَّ صَلِّ عَلَى مُحَمَّدٍ وَآلِ مُحَمَّدٍ In this respect, a Hadith reads that the heavens decorate themselves each Thursday in Sha`ban and the angels pray Almighty Allah, saying, “O our God: (please do) forgive him who observe fasting on this day and respond to his prayers.”
6) Recite the Special Salawaat taught by Imam Ali bin Husayn Al Zaynul Aabideen (A.S.)
7) Recite Munajat e Shabaniyah with presence of heart.
8) Holy Prophet Muhammad al Mustafā (S.A.W.W) said “If a person recites 4 units (Rak’ats) Namaz in the month of Sha’ban, such that in each unit (Rak’at) after Surah-al-Hamd recites 50 times Surah-at-Tawheed, then during death his spirit will be removed with ease, and his grave will become spacious, and on the day of Qiyamat when he comes out of his grave, his face will be shining bright like a full moon and ‘Kalmae Shahadat’ will be on his lips.” [Reference: Manazelul Akherah, Chapter 1, page no. 37, Tradition by Sayyed ibne Tawoos ]