If Allah was to grant a person protection on the Day of Resurrection, which is also the day known as: The Day of Grief; The Day of Everything in the Open; The Day of Trepidation; The Day of the Great Fear; and The Day of the Distress, then is there any greater blessing or gift?!
In the same way, if a person was to possess the entire transient world, however did not possess tranquillity and peace in his heart, then all of his material possessions would mean nothing! Thus, if one has peace of heart and mind, however has nothing from the material aspect of this world, then in reality, he has everything!
b) The second reward is that such a person shall be granted true faith in Allah while in this world.
It has been mentioned that if a person was to refrain from certain sins, then Allah would grant that person true faith that he could “taste” – this means that his faith would not be something dry and monotonous in theory. Rather, there would be sweetness in his faith which he could actually sense! This is not something granted to all people – it is only bestowed upon those who stand firm in the face of their lower desires.
In the introductory chapter on ‘Looking at others’ in the compilation of traditions, Wasa`il ash-Shi’a, we have traditions which state if a person’s eyes fall upon a beautiful woman who is not his mahram and he immediately turns his eyes away from her, then Allah would grant that person such a level of faith that the person would actually be able to taste it (the true faith)!
Islam warns against inappropriate anger, and considers it a dangerous vice. It recommends the suppression of anger.
1. Allah the Most High said: “And hasten to forgiveness from your Lord, and a Garden, the extensiveness of which is (A.S) the heavens and the earth; it is prepared for those who spend (benevolently) in ease as well as in straitens, and those who restrain (their) anger and pardon men, and Allah loves the doers of good (to others).”
2. He also said: “So whatever thing you are given, that is only a provision of this world’s life, and what is with Allah is better and more lasting for those who believe and rely on their Lord. And those who shun the grave sins and indecencies, and whenever they are angry they forgive.”
3.The Holy Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) said: “Anger corrupts faith in the same way that vinegar destroys honey.”
4. He (PBUH) also said: “Anyone who suppresses an anger which could be brought into operation and is patient, Allah will give him the reward of a martyr.”
5. He (PBUH) also said: “Anyone who suppresses an anger which could be brought into operation, Allah will give him a security and a tasteful faith in return for it.”
6. He (PBHU) also said: “The wisest of people is he who is the most moderate, and the most provident of people is he who suppresses his anger the most.”
8. He (PBUH) also said: “Among the best paths to Allah are the suppression of anger and having patience with afflictions.”
9. Imam ‘Ali (A.S) the Commander of the Faithful said: “Anger is a vice that, when followed, causes destruction.”
10. He (A.S) also said: “Anger is an enemy of yours, so do not admit it into your soul.”
11. He (A.S) also said: “Anger paralyses the intellect, and keeps you away from truth.”
12. He (A.S) also said: “Beware of anger, for it is a blazing fire.”
13. He (A.S) also said: “What a bad fellow anger is! It shows deficiencies, creates evil and annihilates good.”
15. Imam Muhammad Baqir (A.S) said: “Indeed, Allah loves the modest and the patient.”
16. He (A.S) also said: “Anyone who restrains his anger from people, Allah will restrain the punishment of the Day of Judgement from him.”
17. Imam Ja’far Sadiq (A.S) said: “Anger is a key to all bad deeds.”
18. He (A.S) also said: “Anyone who has no control over his anger has no control over his intellect.”
19. He (A.S) also said: “Anyone who suppresses his anger, Allah will add to his honour and authority in this world and the world to come.”
20. He (A.S) also said: “Anyone who suppresses an anger which could be brought into operation, Allah will fill his heart with His pleasing till the Day of Judgement.”
21. He (A.S) also said: “Anyone who suppresses an anger which could be brought into operation, Allah will fill his heart with security and faith till the Day of Judgement.”